Complaint Policy & Procedure
There are several distinct levels of dealing with a complaint, and it is important for the speedy and effective resolution that each level is followed.
The principles applied are:
- The nearer the person dealing with the complaint, the better the likely outcome of the complaint. An exception to this principle will be made in the case of a complaint which alleges any type of abuse, in which case the complaint will be immediately reported to a senior manager. At this point safeguarding processes will be followed. In addition, CQC (Care Quality Commission) and the Local Authority will be notified.
- Accepting that personalities can be a factor in complaints, the multiple stages allow this problem to be avoided.
- The complaints process will only be regarded as “complete” when the complainant or their representative has indicated, in writing if possible, that they are satisfied with the outcome of the complaint procedure.
- Complaints will in all cases be taken seriously. A lead person is appointed to oversee all cases from start to end.
- The complaints management team will review all complaints at 3-month intervals to identify any trends.
Complaints can be made: by telephone, in writing, by email, or in person. See below for framework of informal and formal complaints.
Matters are dealt with either in writing, over the phone or in person. Outcomes are record.
A complaint must be made no more than 12 months after:
- The date the event occurred, or if later, reasons for the late submission must be given.
- The date the event came to the notice of the complainant with full details of the concern.
The 12 months’ time limit will not apply if Adina Home Care Services LTD is satisfied that:
- The complainant can give a good reason for not making the complaint within that time limit; and
- Despite the delay, it is still possible to investigate the complaint effectively.
This complaint procedure is not exhaustive, and the full Adina Home Care Services Complaints Policy is readily available to the public. This can be requested from Adina Home Care Services Head Office.
Written Complaints and Complaints Policy requests can be made to:
Adina Home Care Services LTD
020 8426 0162
Judith.firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Adina Home Care Services is committed to encouraging equality (treating everyone fairly) and diversity (valuing people’s differences), in all aspects of our service, practices, policies and procedures. We are committed to providing an environment, which is free from discrimination, harassment, bullying and victimisation.